If you are contemplating divorce as a mother, you will naturally have many worries and concerns as to who will end up with custody of your children and how the costs of raising them will be divided. Even if you are mediating, or your divorce is going smoothly and amicably, you should retain a lawyer to ensure your rights as a mother and to clearly understand the rights of your children.
While in the past, child custody and support laws varied from one state to the next, there has been a recent trend over the past twenty years to make these laws uniform, and you should consult a lawyer to more fully understand the specific circumstances within your state.
With that, we have compiled a list of articles below to help you more fully understand the elements of child support and child custody from a woman's point of view.
Additionally, you'll find tons of support and sound advice from divorced and divorcing mothers like you by joining the social network. Use the blogs section to ask questions, vent, and of course to share your knowledge, as we all benefit from each other's experiences. You can also use the blogs section to safely, securely and anonymously journal your divorce online.
Social Network Groups for Divorced and Divorcing Mothers:
- Child Centered Divorce: Are you a parent facing divorce or separation? Transitioning beyond divorce? Coping with post-divorce parenting? We're parents who know that the decisions we make will ultimately affect the well-being of our children — not only in the months to come, but for years to follow. We want to make wise decisions and learn all we can about creating a positive, peaceful and successful child-centered divorce for the sake of our children. We have many experts sharing their wisdom, advice and insights. Join us.
- Helping Kids Through Divorce: There is a light at the end of the tunnel but while you're driving through adjusting to a new life, it can be dark and confusing..what tips did you use to help your kids adjust to living in two households? Especially when the ex isn't as responsible as you are? Please Join us and share your thoughts.
- Q & A on Child Support
- Getting More Child Support for Your Children
- How the Court Determines Your Child Support
- Granny in the Middle: In-Laws, Divorce and Custody
- How to Ask Your Ex for More Money
- Getting the Support You Need (video)
- Real Life Child Support Stories (video)