Billy Joel, 60, and his wife Katie Lee, 27, are separating amicably after 5 years of marriage. This is Joel’s third marital split.
Here are my own top ten guesses why this latest marriage is dissolving:
1. "At the Italian Restaurant" he'd go to order a bottle of red, she'd always want a bottle of white.
2. She's a "Modern Woman", but he'd rather be "Captain Jack"
3. The "Uptown Girl" found another not so "Innocent Man"
4. He's in "a NY State of Mind"; she can't say "Goodbye to Hollywood"
5. "She's Always a Woman", but she parties ‘til dawn like a girl
6. He's a "Piano Man", she's into Lady Fingers
7. Uh Oh -- She was hanging out and now she’s “movin out”
8. "I Love You Just The Way You Are", but now it's time to have sex with other people
9. Hey, "We Didn't Start The Fire" but "everybody" sensed someone would get burned
10. He's "Loved These Days" but he's also glad she signed the pre-nup
For all I know, "You May Be Right" ...Could just have been one too many nights yelling out the name "Kathie Lee” instead of Katie Lee by mistake
Attitude is Everything!